VIP (Very Important Players)!

Come here for information about jobs, kits, commands, applications for Inspector, rules and protocol.

VIP (Very Important Players)!

Postby BobKyle » November 1st, 2013, 9:51 am

To give those of our staff that are no longer with us for reasons of their own, but helped the server a great deal by providing a service, we're giving out a pretty VIP rank with some extra abilities they can use (Nothing server breaking, don't worry!). The following are who we want to remember, though if you have anyone else you would like to be remembered with such a rank should they come back and play, please tell us! (Note, this is not for the staff that went out kicking and screaming. Whilst they did provide a good service for a time, they flipped that upside down and ruined their reputations. I'm sure you can think of some examples).

In any case, the following are great blokes and lasses, with some kind words from staff and players that knew them:

----------------

Lazy_Architect:

"Bob: This guy is freaking Santa Claus. He'd pop in and out for a few months every time, but each time he'd do some fantastic work and save the rest of the admins from the niggly boring parts of administrating."

"Tina: Stuff in this post."

FederickMBW:

"Bob: Fantastic builder. Some of you from Recursion's server may remember him too, he built in my town! Kept it nice and shiny."

Traveller177:

Dozie:

ShadowmanZ92:

"Bob: Ever had that pet which no matter how much it would bite at your heels, tear up your shoes, eat your mail and pee on your paper, but no matter how much they annoyed you, you loved them? That's Shadow."

dog4088:

"Tina: Stuff in this post."

mustardpatrol:

Triyu:

"Bob: Some of you think I'M drunk a lot? Least you've seen me sober. Triyu was in a perpetual state of inebriation."

mabobber:

mightygrom:

thebombadier:

bloodknight2000:

"Bob: Fun guy, good builder! No idea what happened to him."

Nihilana:

"Bob: I bet a lot of you have no idea who Nihilana is, right? Great builder, great admin. Kept quite secret too. Where most of us were loud and proud about being admins, she kept behind the curtain, doing a lot of stuff."

Recursion:

"Bob: If you were to consider us admins today as Greek Gods, this fellah is a titan. He owned the server most of the old staff and players played on, until he could no longer run it! You might see him from time to time."

Albinobluesheep:

"Bob: This guy's an old admin, back when we had admins who's only job were to push a button for the server to restart (The server used to be a lot more unstable in the old days!). Damn, could he push a button."

Sany66:

"Bob: This guy. THIS GUY. He could annoy you to the ends of the earth, but he was damned good at sniffing out grief and rule breakers though. Personally, if he were still staff, I'd tell you to worry about this fellah more than you should me, if you're dumb enough to break a rule!"

Rida:

"Bob: Another of our button pushers. He goes way back though, back to Recursion's server where me and Lazy played. He and I were in the same town once! Ancient player."

Aalhond:

----------------
BobKyle
Admin

Re: VIP (Very Important Players)!

Postby Tinabel » November 1st, 2013, 10:54 am

History:
The original VIP rank was on Mirage's Minecraft Server, where I played before I started this server. When Mirage (aka Recursion) lost his hosting, we hosted his world for a time, which was known as "World of Mirage" before being restarted as Anemos. I wasn't an admin on Mirage's, so I don't know what the exact terms were to get it.

Later, when my server was very new, we had a talented builder named Dog4088 who very definitely did not want to be a mod, so I created the job of Builder so that I could give them extra special powers without having to give them mod. Dog did eventually act as a mod for awhile. Eventually we ended up with a ton of different jobs, and then the job system we have now.

But this new VIP rank was inspired by Lazy_Architect, who has helped us for a long time, but much like Dog4088 before, desires to not be staff right now. In honor of all of his service to our server over the years, I wanted a way to reward him should he decide to come play with us again.
So, when implemented, I would like to dedicate and award the very first of our new, improved VIP ranks to Lazy_Architect. Should he return to the server, I want everybody to congratulate him and thank him for his tremendous service to us. Not only have we been blessed with his great service to our server and his easy going attitude all of these years, but he also donated not just money, but also his MCSL account to us. We have been very lucky to have him.

.Tinabel.
Tinabel
Admin

Postby Admin » November 1st, 2013, 12:07 pm

Lazy_Architect: Lazy, thanks for believing in me, never would've become inspector mod or even admin without your support and i appreciate everything you've done for me and for SEL.

Traveller177: Not sure if you remember, but You promoted me from Default to Citizen, I think I was your first promotion too, back when you were first made mod.. anyways, miss you too

ShadowmanZ92: ILU and I miss you Shadow, great admin, please come back to us <3

bloodknight2000: I know you enjoyed trolling me back when I was Citizen.... I know you're expecting a but here but there's no but

Recursion: Programmers minds think alike, that doesn't mean they get on

Sany66: You were.. something else... I don't know what I can say positively or negatively about you but we miss you.
Admin

Postby sany66 » November 2nd, 2013, 12:29 am

BobKyle wrote:Sany66:

"Bob: This guy. THIS GUY. He could annoy you to the ends of the earth, but he was damned good at sniffing out grief and rule breakers though. Personally, if he were still staff, I'd tell you to worry about this fellah more than you should me, if you're dumb enough to break a rule!"

----------------

Thanks bob...really...brought tears to my eyes /sniff* :cry:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
sany66

Postby Tinabel » November 2nd, 2013, 10:17 am

FrederickMBW: On the earliest incarnation of SoftEggLand, he built the rail system, and amazing feat of engineering considering the limitations of modding under the old API. It was automated, had multiple stations, and extended for tremendous distances.

Travler177: One of the most fantastic builders I have ever seen.

Now I am trying to remember if it was Dozie or Triyu who was the first Foreman and flooded the server...

Dog4088: A fairly quiet player whom I recruited very early on to help with the construction of Desert City and since went on to make many incredible and huge constructions for us. Initially did not want to be a Mod, so I created our first job "Builder" so that Dog would have the power to aid in the construction.

Mightygrom: An old friend of mine who used minecraft as a treatment for his insomnia. Dug insanely long tunnels across the world, and row after row of identical houses.

Nihilana: She was having a hard life, last I talked to her. She was actually our first programmer, having written the code to convert our user data and jobs info from the old API (what was it called?) to Bukkit.

Albinobluesheep: He was a great mod, and he played a lot, so it made sense to give him server access so that he could restart it when it crashed, which was several times a day. We had a lot of admins with that job for awhile. Was he the one with the cookie-monster skin?

It is hard to remember everybody's contributions, but all of these people made great contributions to the server for a long time and are to be commended. There are good reasons for all of these people to be VIPs!

.Tinabel.
Tinabel
Admin

Postby nek27 » November 2nd, 2013, 5:40 pm

sany66 wrote:

----------------

you appear at the strangest times xD
Miner3
1st tier2 and tier3
Wanderer Leader
Doughlo

And funniest player
nek27

Postby sany66 » November 5th, 2013, 12:28 am

nek27 wrote:
sany66 wrote:

----------------

you appear at the strangest times xD

I appear whenever Bob summons me. (mentions my name)
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
sany66

Postby mabobber » February 22nd, 2014, 10:38 pm

Hehehehehe.

<3
mabobber

Postby sany66 » February 24th, 2014, 3:39 pm

OMG! MAB!
sany66

Postby HesteVader » July 26th, 2015, 1:22 pm

james1431997 is our newest VIP inductee and we hope he will come back to visit from time to time.

In my own experience on SEL, james showed himself to be very knowledgeable about the game of minecraft, its plugins, our rules, his duties as a mod and willingness to spend a lot of time on the server.

james1431997 was instrumental in building Shire Lake and made the making of it a fun learning experience for me. He and zyiu had many ideas and implemented them as they popped into mind. He was very helpful by teaching me different building techniques and coming up with ideas to expand Shire Lake into the community it eventually became. (james, I finally got Dragonsreach built!)

Thank you, james1431997, for all your hard work and contributions to SEL. Good luck in your studies and your eventual career!
Heste
HesteVader
Admin

Postby Chrooke » November 15th, 2015, 7:02 am

HesteVader has just joined the ranks of the VIPs.

Heste probably has more play hours over the last two years than anybody else. At least, she did while we could still track such things. She has served the community selflessly in a variety of roles, from player to staff, eventually rising to Admin, and then Queen of SoftEggLand. Her builds are the stuff of legend. My own builds are far better for her examples, cheerfully showcased. I'm sure many others would say the same.

Thanks, Heste, for all you've done!
Chrooke
Admin

Return to Info Board