We have survived the Creek Fire!

You should pay attention to these.

We have survived the Creek Fire!

Postby Tinabel » December 7th, 2017, 8:20 am

I just wanted to say that we here at SoftEgg have so far safely survived the Creek Fire in our neighborhood. We are evacuated to a hotel in Valencia, but it has been reported to us that our house is intact. A shed down our hill was destroyed, and the railroad ties holding up the sides of our driveway have burned, but otherwise it seems like we have survived. We hope to be back in our house soon.

The SoftEggLand servers are hosted off-site, so we aren't expecting any downtime from the fire other than the fact that we are not watching them all that closely at the moment.

I hope everybody else is safe.

.Tinabel.
Tinabel
Admin

Re: We have survived the Creek Fire!

Postby sgtk » April 2nd, 2018, 6:40 pm

Glad you are okay. I had some downtime today and I thought I would stop by to see if Softegg was still around. I'm glad to see it is. Hope to be back sooner than the last time.
Citizen
Knight
Foreman
Inspector
Policeman
Constructor II
What's Next?
sgtk

Postby Tinabel » April 5th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Thank you!
We were able to safely move back into our house, and spent a couple of months sifting rubble of the shed (our former "Nintendo Office") and trying to get insurance to pay for rebuilding the walls holding up the hill. Rains came and washed some of the hillside into the driveway. We are now about to get quotes for rebuilding from our third contractor. Maybe we will be able to afford this one.

So, we have plenty of annoyance still, but are safe and generally out of trouble.

After the rains, the grass on the hill grew tremendously, and is now super thick and green, which is kind of amazing considering that it was a black charred mess back in December...

We've been too busy with projects and all the fire stuff to do anything at all with the Minecraft servers. I had been hoping that Chrooke would pick it up and run with it, but obviously after the update he got busy with other things and it didn't really work out that way. I'm not really sure what to do about them at this point, but it seems like nobody is going there anymore, so perhaps it doesn't matter.

I'd hate to just shut them down after all these years, but if nobody is on them...

Does anybody still care about SoftEggLand?

.Tina.
Tinabel
Admin

Postby Zicxynum » April 7th, 2018, 10:22 pm

I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the announcement forum to figure what had happened when the server crashed with me online.
( And I was just eating a potato. )

Either way, I do still care, and since I got back to minecraft a bit I would pass by on the server from time to time. But given the situation and general low player count on the server, I can understand if you decide to pull the plug for good.

I'll be watching the forums for a while, to see if there is a final word on the server.
Zicxynum

Postby sgtk » April 15th, 2018, 12:41 pm

I too will keep an eye on the forums. Life happens fast. I certainly have a lot more on my plate than I did when I first joined SEL. I too shall stop in to the forums for the final say on SEL.
Citizen
Knight
Foreman
Inspector
Policeman
Constructor II
What's Next?
sgtk

Return to Announcements